Bangkok oh Bangkok
Yes, I'm going to Bangkok. Again. Well, Bangkok is my once a year short vacation hot pick.
A place where I happily replenish my shoes, bags, accessories as well as *bras (heeheehee).
Talking about shoes, all my shoes gave way since I haven't been wearing them for the past ten months. So I'm targeting to get five pair of new lovely shoes at the price of 199 baht per pair. Yahoo....
199 baht x 5 = 995 baht
That's about 42 SGD for 5 pair of shoes! I think I can only get one here.
As usual, we'll be staying in Asia Hotel which is right in front of Ratchathewi SKYTRAIN Station.You'll get a Free SKYTRAIN ticket if you're staying for 3 consecutive nights. Either get 1 free One-day-Pass or 100 baht Stored Value Ticket (1 per/ticket)... Cool right?

4 days 3 night stay + flying with Jet* only cost me about $312 (incl. of SG Tax) not forgetting 500 baht BKK Tax. My total bill will be SGD 333. Nice figure.
This is it! My heaven! Presenting Mah Boon Krong (MBK) Shopping Mall. This shopping mall has it all. On the top floors you will find all the copies and clothings normally found in the markets. The prices are already low, no need for haggling. The rest of the mall is filled with interesting shops.
Oh by the way, Platimun Fashion Mall in Pratu Nam on Phetchaburi Road has opened. A new shopping place with cheap and nice stuff. My colleague was there last week. She mentioned that shopping at the new Platimun Mall means you can give Chatuchak Weekend Market in Bangkok a miss! Wow wow wow, my jaws almost dropped.
read this....
"I used to think that the widest selection of women's clothing and accessories could be found in Chatuchak Weekend Market. However, on my third visit to Bangkok, I discovered Platinum Mall. The mall itself is huge with wide aisles and wonderful airconditioning. The selections are wide and wholesale prices are quite low and can be had if you buy at least 3 pieces. I found myself buying more from Platinum than from Chatuchak - and this despite going to Chatuchak on two consecutive days! Admittedly, if you're in for younger, more experimental fashions, the best finds are still in Siam Square. But there's still a lot to see and buy in Platinum Mall. Oh, and as with many malls in Bangkok, it's well worth eating at the food court on the top floor. Accessories galore (and quite unique ones at that)! Clothes - though the women's sizes tend to run really small. As for food at the food court, try the orsuan (fried oysters on a hot plate). Your baht will go very far in this mall. =) "
How to get there?
It's across from Amari Watergate Hotel (centrally placed between Siam Square and Sukhumvit Road). Next to Panthip Plaza, THE I.T. mall in Bangkok. Nearest BTS Skytrain station is Ratchathewi - but if you take the Skytrain it's quite a walk in the heat.
Labels: BKK



0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home