Google

Welcome to The LIM Family!

to keep in touch with friends (local or overseas) and ex/co-workers. hoping to create an daily journal of events or interesting findings. tracking the growth of Janine and Jadon.


Saturday, September 02, 2006

3 Cheers for Pingmis!

Today is a very special day for me.

It's the first time I've ever brought Janine out all by my own.

We set off from Boon Lay MRT Station all the way to Woodlands Causeway point for lunch.

It's Janine's first trip with SMRT.










Wy was a bit worried if I were to be able to cope with Janine alone during the journey. And I have proven to myself that I can do it. YES!

I used to have the fear of going out alone with Janine w/o wy. He is like my rock together with my baby. I know he will be there if she cries, he will be there if we have to use the escalater whenever the lifts are crowded. He will be there whenever I feel tired. He will be there whenever she needs the attention.... He is always there; with us....

Everything started out fine. Our first stop - Boon Lay MRT Station. The first stop of 5BX...(is this what they used in the army?) a flight of stairs before we can even reach the gantry.

Together with the light-weight pram Janine and I overcomed the stairs.

SMRT is really taking good care of us....they have taken steps to ensure all our train stations are accessible to wheelchair users, families with children in strollers. Meaning? Wider fare gates, braille tactiles on the floors, access ramps leading up to the station concourse (thou it's at the opp of the bus interchange, lazy to walk so far) and my most satisfied features "In-station passenger lifts".

All these features had made our trip a hazzed free one. Thanks a lot, SMRT!

We were late therefore Grace and Baby Geraldyne started their lunch w/o us. The lifts at CWP was so JAM packed that Janine almost cried ... I was left with no choice but to take a step of courage. Mummy Ping is going to challenge the ESCALATOR. (I have tried once with wy around, but almost got trapped by the blades when we are acceletrating...)

My objective was to reach the Food Court at the 5th level. My goal is - to reach there safely.

Had lunch with Grace and her family... (which includes her hubby, baby, mil etc) Wow... I was all alone with Janine... heehee... brave right heehee...

Went shopping and bought a mini pram fan for Janine from Kiddy Palace... $6.90 after discount, batteries not included. :)

We shopped, chatted...catch up with one another while the babies slept in their prams... Talking about Geraldyne. She is 2 days older than Janine; her chinese name is Wei En while Janine is Jia En... they are like sisters (hahaha)

It started pouring... How am I going to get home? Grace and family invited us to their house in Yew Tee for dinner... Max was the chef tonight... We had spaghetti with brocolis and fried chicken wings...

The two sweeties were sleeping while we enjoy our meals... Until... Geraldyne wakes up; shortly after Janine... I cant imagine if I have a pair of twins. My hands will be super busy.

Max commented that parenthood had taught us to either learnt to eat with one hand while the other is busy with the baby or we must learnt to finish our meals asap. Indeed! I totally agreed.

Grace is meeting her mum after lunch at Jurong West St 93. It was just a stone throw from where I stayed. I hitch a ride from her. Happily pushing Janine with her pram while she sleeps sweetly...

By the time we reached home, it was 9pm.

Played with her. Cleaned her up. Fed her. Washed clothes. Washed bottles. Boiled water. Watched TV. Bathed.... full of activities (at home).

Time flies... it's 11.30pm now and Im still blogging. Finally wy is back from work and I can call it a day, while bb is sleeping (shiok shiok) on her bed....

What a wonderful day!

MySpace Layouts images

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home